A reflective online journal is a way of thinking in a critical and analytical way about your work in progress. It shows how different aspects of your work interconnect.
The online journal can record:
- where your inspiration comes from
- how you make use of your ideas to develop your work
- your awareness of the cultural context (setting) in which you work
This context includes: other practitioner’s work and their ideas; the ideas of critics and theorists; social, political, aesthetic and ideological contexts.
The online journal could include:
- research notes
- personal comments on your own work
- notes/images from visits
- extracts from lectures, tutorials, books, journals